For many pets and their owners, going to the veterinarian can cause feelings of fear, anxiety, and stress. This can be problematic for pets, pet owners, and veterinary healthcare team members. That's why Dr. Whited became certified in fear free to make visits to the vet something pets and their owners can both look forward to.
These are some of the strategies you may see if the exam room to make things more enjoyable for you and your pet.
* providing non slip surfaces for pets to stand or rest to enhance stability
* Use gentle pressure to sooth pet using a towel of compression garment
* Create a calming environment with pheromones diffusers and aromatherapy
* Play calming music to ease tension and promote relaxation
* Actively work to reduce stress noises
* prescribe anti-anxiety or other calming medications and supplements
* If showing excessive signs of anxiety, stress, or fear, the team may delay of postpone the exam or other procedures until a time when the pet is calmer and more relaxed.
* Variety of treat options to help decrease anxiety and stess
*Fear Free assessment individualized according to your pets needs
Fear Free mission is to prevent and alleviate fear, anxiety, and stress in pets by inspiring and educating the people who care for them.